Flow Tech is excited to host a new event later this summer – Demo Day! The event will be open-house style with live demonstrations, interactive displays and tours.
Wednesday, September 7, 2022
10 AM to 3 PM
Flow Tech, Inc.
10 Bidwell Road | South Windsor, CT 06074
Attendees will be able to explore a variety of HVAC and water/wastewater equipment, learn design best practices and maintenance recommendations. Guests will also enjoy networking, learning, food and raffle prizes.
Build Your Network
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with numerous A/E/C industry professionals. This event is ideal for:
- MEP design engineers
- Mechanical and controls contractors
- Building owners
- Facilities personnel
We’re happy to announce the following organizations are collaborating exhibitors of the event:
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers CT Chapter (CT ASHRAE)
- Associated Builders and Contractors of CT (CT ABC)
- Construction Institute (CI)
- KMC Controls (KMC)
- Society of Marketing Professional Services CT Chapter (SMPS CT)
ABB’s Rolling Roadshow
ABB’s Rolling Roadshow is a tractor trailer exhibiting one of the most versatile types of equipment Flow Tech offers – the variable frequency drive. The roadshow is equipped with working ACH580 (HVAC applications) and ACQ580 (Water/wastewater applications) drives and motors.
With new and updated interactive demos and information screens, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the portfolio of drives, from micro to DC and HVAC/WWW variants
- See the MV and ACS880 cabinet drives, in 3D printed form
- View the NEW All-Compatible drive display with ACS380, ACS480, ACS580, ACS880 and DCS880.
- Engage with the updated harmonic, energy, connectivity, Bluetooth etc. demos, fitted with ACS/H/Q and ABB softstarter products
- Learn how ABB Drives fit customer industries/applications on the consolidated slider.
Thermotech’s Thermowheel Trailer
The Thermotech trailer highlights the Thermowheel energy recovery wheel. Attendees will have the opportunity to see the wheel in action, ask questions, and learn how this energy recovery solution can improve the comfort and safety of buildings while reducing energy costs.
Flow Tech Demo Lab
The Flow Tech Demo Lab showcases the engineered equipment and systems Flow Tech represents in one comprehensive HVAC system. We will be facilitating on-going Demo Lab tours throughout the day. For those looking to earn continuing education units in architecture or professional engineering, we will be presenting the Practicing Institute of Engineering- certified presentation at 11 AM and 1 PM. You can earn 1.0 PDH/CE by attending. Below is an abstract for one of the presentations facilitated by Doug Ross of M.K. Plastics regarding exhaust fans in labs.
Abstract: Exhaust Fan Control Systems for Laboratories – Maintain critical design parameters, Minimizing energy consumption.
Engineers have a variety of approaches to laboratory exhaust design, from constant volume control to demand based static pressure control. Whichever control approach that is selected, the laboratory exhaust fan has the potential to be a major determining factor on your project’s energy footprint.
This presentation will cover what performance parameters will ensure the selection of laboratory fans for your project leading to more energy efficient laboratories. The selection process and what components affect the energy footprint will be reviewed. If your current selection process focuses on critical flow volume and 3000 fpm exit velocity, this presentation will present other factors to consider and demonstrate examples of why these factors will reduce the energy footprint of laboratory exhaust fans.
Food & Entertainment
We booked Old World Pizza Truck to feed guests’ appetite! Attendees will enjoy unlimited gourmet pizza, and mesclun salad with caramelized walnuts, cranberries and feta cheese from 12 PM to 2 PM. For dessert hand-scooped French ice cream, cappuccino or affogato, espresso will be available.
Wondering what we mean by “gourmet”? Just to give you a taste, some of the gourmet pizzas include:
- Grilled asparagus, honey goat cheese, caramelized onions, & smoked bacon with a basil and cranberry drizzle
- Filet mignon, caramelized onion & roasted red pepper, with a horseradish sauce & basil drizzle
- A thin layer of oven roasted mashed potato, caramelized onions, smoked bacon & five cheeses
- Sweet Potato with caramelized onions, feta cheese and hot sausage.
- Mushrooms, caramelized onions and whipped ricotta with a drizzle of black truffle oil.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with caramelized onions, smoked bacon with a balsamic reduction.
- Barbeque chicken with caramelized onions, feta cheese and fresh blueberries
- As well as: Eggplant rollantini, Escarole and White Beans, Broccoli Rabe and Sausage, Anchovy and Hot Pepper, Clams Casino, Shrimp Scampi Florentine and many more!
Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and lactose-free options are available.
We’ve booked DJ Scottie of Full Blast Entertainment to Emcee the event and provide fun and light background music. You may have seen DJ Scottie at the CT ASHRAE 75th Anniversary Gala or the 2019 SMPS CT Marketing Communication Awards Golden Gala. Let us know if you have any requests!
Let Us Know You’re Coming
RSVP to [email protected] by Monday, August 29, 2022. An email will be sent the week of with event details.
Drop-ins are welcome but will not receive additional information such as parking, food times, etc.
Email invitations have been sent for Demo Day. To ensure you receive one or to learn more about this event contact Nichole Petersen. Be sure to follow us on social media to receive updates about our events and latest news: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. To learn more about our applied and engineered HVAC equipment and systems visit our website, submit a web inquiry or call us, 860.291.8886.
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and two sons. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.