Flow Tech, Inc.’s mission is to help people connect to the built environment by sustainably improving comfort and safety of facilities. Our vision is to be the premier, full-service manufacturer’s representative for applied and engineered products and systems for HVAC and municipal water and wastewater markets.
Flow Tech, Inc., is seeking a licensed electrical journeyman to join our team as a Commercial and Municipal Electrical Service Technician. The main responsibility of this individual will be to start-up and service ABB Variable Frequency Drives.
- Perform start-up and service of ABB Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Ensure proper equipment and tools are in hand to perform needed services.
- Complete and submit service reports after each visit.
- Provide customers with technical information about ABB VFDs and offer recommendations, if applicable.
- Develop a basic understanding of Flow Tech’s other HVAC equipment and systems to help cross-promote, if applicable.
- 2-year technical degree in electrical/electronic technology and/or equivalent field experience.
- Electrical license and experience are required.
- Construction experience is preferred.
- Strong electrical/electronic and control background, PC skills, the ability to work independently and interact with customers are a must.
- Knowledge of VFDs, HVAC equipment is a plus.
- Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license as daytime travel is required.
Ideal Candidate Will Be
- Have a strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Be smart and energetic with the willingness to work long hours in the construction and service industry.
- Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting electronic controls and power electronics.
- Be a people-person who can represent the company well with its customers.
- Be willing to continually learn and become educated on new products and technology.
Access to a company vehicle and communication technology is provided for this position.
Flow Tech, Inc. is a proud 100% employee-owned corporation ensuring that everyone who contributes to the success of the company shares in the reward through earned stock in the firm.
We reward performance and offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical insurance, 401k, and industry association memberships. Flow Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Flow Tech, Inc.
Flow Tech is headquartered in South Windsor, CT and provides competitive, energy-efficient and quality-focused products, systems and services. We excel in large commercial and institutional type markets including healthcare, higher education, K-12 schools, pharmaceutical, office buildings and water/wastewater.
We differentiate ourselves by satisfying our customers’ unmet and unarticulated needs, fostering creative and innovative solutions and providing exceptional service. We always make a conscious effort to do the right thing. We pride ourselves on our offerings and encourage you to view our complete line of products and services.
Our employees are the foundation of our success, and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We work with integrity; we focus on open communication and teamwork, and we embody an inclusive company culture that rewards hard work. We value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please email your resume to Charlie Barber. No phone calls, please.
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and two sons. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.