Why is Cooney Technologies Freeze BlockTM technology important?
Freeze BlockTM technology prevents damage from one of the leading causes of HVAC coil1 failure - freeze damage.
At temperatures 32°F and below, water can freeze and expand, causing excessive pressures that result in coil damage within a matter of minutes. Consequentially, expensive and time-consuming maintenance, coil repair, downtime, and potentially serious subsequent damage from the thaw and flood often occurs.
What do Cooney Freeze BlockTM coils do?
- Discharge a controlled volume of water as a coil begins to freeze
- Reset after discharging to prevent flooding after coil thaws
- Reduce future maintenance, downtime, and premature coil failure
- Eliminate the need for glycol which increases efficiency
Where should Cooney Freeze Block coils be?
- Airports/Transportation hubs
- Government buildings
- Healthcare facilities
- Higher Education institutions
- Manufacturing plants
- Office buildings
- Pharmaceutical/research labs
- Public assembly/stadiums
Who should be interested?
- Mechanical engineers/design professionals
- Building owners
- Mechanical contractors
- Building facilities personnel
Flow Tech is the local Cooney Freeze Block coil representative in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts' Berkshire, Hampshire, Franklin and Hampden counties.
1Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) coils are thin tube heat exchangers used to transfer heat between the fluid and air.
Ready to find out more?
Watch this video demonstrating how Cooney Freeze Block Coils prevent coil damage during freezing conditions.