Why is Cooney Technologies Freeze BlockTM technology important?
Freeze BlockTM technology prevents damage from one of the leading causes of HVAC coil1 failure - freeze damage.
At temperatures 32°F and below, water can freeze and expand, causing excessive pressures that result in coil damage within a matter of minutes. Consequentially, expensive and time-consuming maintenance, coil repair, downtime, and potentially serious subsequent damage from the thaw and flood often occurs.
What do Cooney Freeze BlockTM coils do?
- Discharge a controlled volume of water as a coil begins to freeze
- Reset after discharging to prevent flooding after coil thaws
- Reduce future maintenance, downtime, and premature coil failure
- Eliminate the need for glycol which increases efficiency
Where should Cooney Freeze Block coils be?
- Airports/Transportation hubs
- Government buildings
- Healthcare facilities
- Higher Education institutions
- Manufacturing plants
- Office buildings
- Pharmaceutical/research labs
- Public assembly/stadiums
Who should be interested?
- Mechanical engineers/design professionals
- Building owners
- Mechanical contractors
- Building facilities personnel
1Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) coils are thin tube heat exchangers used to transfer heat between the fluid and air.